The Lake 2 Lake trail currently travels 19km from Marakura Yacht club on Lake Te Anau to Ballon Loop on the Waiau River. This is a fantastic trail which gives you a taste of Fiordland all right on the doorstep of Te Anau.
Once you begin on the trail you are outside of Te Anau so there is a few things to consider before starting your ride.
- Grab a map to help you plan your journey
- Tell someone where you are going and when you will return
- Take some water and snacks especially if you are taking a long ride
- Take a jacket as the Fiordland weather can change quickly
- Basic bike tools could be the difference between a quick fix and a walk home
- Although flat tyres are rare it is a good idea to pack a spare tube, tyre patch kit and pump
The following has been developed to give you a more in depth experience on your Lake 2 Lake trail ride. This can be downloaded to your phone by clicking the below link. And then can be viewed at the points of interest along the trail
Click the below link for the trail map