The Lake 2 Lake trail currently travels 19km from Marakura Yacht club on Lake Te Anau to Ballon Loop on the Waiau River. This is a fantastic trail which gives you a taste of Fiordland all right on the doorstep of Te Anau.
Once you begin on the trail you are outside of Te Anau so there is a few things to consider before starting your ride.
- Grab a map to help you plan your journey
- Tell someone where you are going and when you will return
- Take some water and snacks especially if you are taking a long ride
- Take a jacket as the Fiordland weather can change quickly
- Basic bike tools could be the difference between a quick fix and a walk home
- Although flat tyres are rare it is a good idea to pack a spare tube, tyre patch kit and pump